Friday, January 30, 2015

SAVE MONEY GROWING YOUR OWN HERBS. It is easy!

I like to cook.  I like to add fresh herbs to all my dishes, stews or sauces.  The smell of a good dish is what opens my appetite and my husband's too.  You know Love comes from the kitchen :).  In my house, I grow my own herbs.  I have some in garden pots and others on the ground. They reproduce themselves and I do not have to water them all the time (I am bad at that), plus I do not have to go out and buy herbs all the time.

So the next time that you are in a nursery garden, think about how easy it is to save money growing your own herbs and making delicious dishes.
basil (albahaca)

green onions (cebollina) spanish basil (albahaca espanola) oregano,
rosemary(romero)
culantros

Did you notice the eggshells?  Well, the eggshells provide calcium, a nutrient that all plants needs to grow, plus the eggshells discourage pests, for that reason instead of throwing the eggshells in the trash I throw them in my garden.

--
AHORRA DINERO PLANTANDO Y COSECHANDO TUS PROPIAS ESPECIAS O PLANTAS AROMATICAS.

A mi me gusta cocinar. Me gusta agregarles especias frescas a todos mis platos.  Por algo dicen el amor entra por la cocina.:))) En mi casa yo trato de sembrar mis plantas aromáticas o especias, algunas están en pote otras directamente en tierra,  me gusta porque no tengo que estar regándoles agua diariamente y se reproducen a travez de sus propias semillas.  La próxima vez que vayas a comprar especias piensa en lo fácil que es en sembrarlas en tu propia casa, te ahorras tiempo y dinero.

Notaron las cascaras de huevo?  Yo tiro las cascaras de huevo porque estas contienen calcio un ingrediente importante para que las plantas crezcan, aparte que sirven para controlar los insectos que siempre quieren arruinar tus plantas.


No comments:

Post a Comment